Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Our modest Eid preparations and Eid celebration



Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. Eid mubarak! SubhaanAllaah Eid is already tomorrow! I hope that you all had a blessful Ramadan and have a happy Eid inshaaAllaah!

I prepared Z for Eid by reading for him stories about two Eids. I read again from Salam - islamin polku 1-2.

 
This picture is especially nice, because there kids play one game I played with my kids last year in Eid: Pin the tail on the donkey -game. From Handmade Beginnings I found a nice version of the game! Maybe we could try this in our party sister Ummu Abdillaah?
 
 
 
These nice Arabic books about Eids I found from the library.
 
 
This picture looks like Z driwing :). Kids would like to go to an amusement park, Linnanmäki, tomorrow inshaaAllaah, but we`ll see what kind of weather there is tomorrow. Now it`s raining a lot.
 
 
We prepared some balloon animals for kids to play. It`s easy, but needs special balloons. Z and S love these! At first pump a ball, but leave a little bit empty.


 
Then simply format the animal by rotating around a small parts of balloon.



 
Ready!


 
By leaving shorter or longer nose, ears etc. can make different kind of animals.

 
I found some tiny flower cards for girls for Eid cards...


 
... and we prepared really simple cards from soft butterfly model and stickers. This time we didn`t use lots of time for cards or decoration.
 
 
 
I prepared muffins again! 


 
I used letter stickers also for paper mug. Normally I don`t like to use disposable items (I prefer even cloth diapers) but on Eid day I wanted to save dish :).
 
 
Kids asked me to do a fish cake like that. I tried to decorate kids`favorite cake (a sacher cake) as a fish by M&M:s.

 
I think that the result looks little funny, but kids liked it :). I added some M&M:s on the tray as a water and plants.
 
 
 
I prepared for kids the treasure hunt as a present for lots of good deeds during Ramadan. I prepared a simple treasure chest from shoe box and foil paper. I wrote rhythm hints for small papers. Like
"Äiti mansikoita rakastaa,
tämä laite niitä talveksi pakastaa."
It means that mum loves strawberries and this machine frozen them for winter. Answer is freezer and kids find the next hint from there. I wrote about ten hints and the last answer brings kids to the treasure.

 
 
 
It`s easy to open...
 
 
... and there are inside a treasure: chokolade coins :)! I hope kids like that inshaaAllaah! I`ve done this kind of treasure hunt before too and kids liked it a lot! Sometimes I`ve done a treasure hunt outside and used photos from the environment as hints. It`s nice too.
 

 
When kids went to sleep I prepared a present table for them as a suprise on the morning.
 
 
 
 
On Eid day K, S and Z went on the morning to pray an Eid prayer with dad. K asked me to do pizza for lunch, so I prepared it for a while. K was able to fast all the Ramadan, except two days when he was little sick maaschaAllaah! And days were really long in Finland on Ramadan time subhaanAllaah.
 
 
After eating and treassure hunt, which kids liked a lot, we went to Linnanmäki. Weather was great alhamdulillaah! I`ve told you before that I don`t like high places - I`m afraid about them. But yesterday I decided that now I overcome my fear and I went there with K, S and Z up the tower. And Alhamdulillaah it looked so beautiful from above!

 
We found also a nice play ground from there for kids. Alhamdulillaah we all had nice time!

 
I thank Allah for nice Ramadan and nice Eid!
 
 
I hope for you all a really happy Eid!!!
Eid mubarak!

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment